Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things I am Thankful For

Thanksgiving is next week. Contrary to popular image, there is more to this holiday then stuffing your face and watching football. In honor of Thanksgiving, I have decided to list some of the many things I am thankful for in hopes that, in these hard times, my readers will remember that we all have much to be truly thankful for.

1. My family (both nuclear and extended) and friends (I know sometimes I don't express it very well, but I do love all of you, more then you'll ever know)

2. Chocolate

3. Being intersexed (this may sound odd, since it has also been a great source of emotional pain for me, but it is also a great gift, allowing me to question myself and society and see beyond some of the most pervasive artificial social constructs we have)

4. Rock 'n Roll

5. A roof over my head, and food in my stomach (that's more then a lot of people have, never forget that)

6. A hot cup of tea on a cold day

7. today, because it is another opportunity to make a positive change

8. dogs (truly the greatest, most loyal friend you can have)

9. Freedom of speech (the single best defense against tyranny, and essential to right sociopolitical wrongs)

10. beautiful violin solos

11. graduating from college debt free, what a great gift

12. an exhilarating fencing duel

13. The variety of humanity (it would be so boring if we were all the same)

14. jazz (hot or cool, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing)

15. being able to laugh at myself, its important for good mental health

16. fine wine

17. volunteering, its very important, we should all be thankful for the opportunity to give back, and be thankful for others who volunteer

18. The change of seasons, each one has special qualities to it that keep things interesting, I wouldn't want to live somewhere with more constant weather.

19. birds, their singing and flying free always makes me happy

20. Camping, a great way to relax and reconnect with nature

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment