Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Talk at Ohio State and Expanding the Blog!

Hello everyone. I know I have been promising to write more for years and went silent a while ago. If you are still checking my blog I thank you, you are better than me. I have good news though, I am planning to expand the blog and post twice a week. I am excited because I recently got back from giving a talk about intersex at Ohio State University. The LGBT med student group at OSU medical center invited me. If any of them are reading this post thank you for your hospitality, it was a great time. The talk went very well. Everyone was polite and genuinely curious about intersex issues from a personal perspective. They wanted to know what life is like for intersex individuals and how choices made for us as infants can affect us later in life. I was asked about everything from dating to gender identity. Because they are future doctors, they were especially curious about how they could better care for intersex patients and their parents. This gave me a lot of hope for the future of intersex rights and our damaged relationship with the medical community. I realized that as more people are becoming aware of intersex issues, there is a greater need for someone to put these issues into a personal context. That is why I am expanding the blog and tweeting. Check every Tuesday and Thursday for new posts. P.S. I am also tweeting now so check me out at twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment